Friday, January 16, 2009

So glad it's Friday

It's been bitterly cold here these last few days. I hear the same story across Canada and the US. Even my friends in San Diego are complaining though I challenge them to think about their complaints if they experienced our coldness for even a few minutes.

I got a chance to use some of my new paper punches last night as I made about 100 gifts tags with them from used Christmas cards. Some of the cards were perfect for punching multiple tags with and others called out for being snipped by hand with my new Cutter Bee scissors. I never knew what a difference good scissors could make. These ones are super precise, they corner well and cut right to the fine tip of the blades without making a tear in the paper. I still have dozens more cards to play with, not to mention a foot high stack of expired calendars. I honestly don't know what I will do with them all. I am open for any suggestions, truly...

This weekend I want to make some new cards. I hope to make use of the of the great tips and ideas from Kristina Werner. She has fabulous little videos of the cards she makes. I love LOVE her style; simple and elegant. If it stays sunny, I may be able to take a few good pics of my newest cards made this week too. Stay tuned and have a great week end.

No comments: