Saturday, January 17, 2009

Home Alone

Hubby is working at our store today and our little apprentice had art classes in town, as well as a swimming date this afternoon with her grandmother and her partner and his kids. So I decided to stay home and try to get some things done around here. Honestly I haven't done much other than blog, take pics and surf around the net a bit. But I still feel as though it was productive. I did write my DVD case tutorial, so that's something.

Here are a few random pics I took throughout the house today.

Here is my craft room, in desperate need of some reorganization now that the Christmas rush is over. My little apprentice and I made quite a few things in here over the holidays and now it's time for some order. A job for tomorrow I think.

Here are the girls in their favourite lounging spots. Miss Willow on the back of the couch and Miss Chai Chai on my little apprentice's bed.


I realized that I hadn't shared a pic of the lampshade which my little apprentice and I re-covered with pages from a Tinkerbell calendar.


This picture is very typical of my daughter/little apprentice. Ever since she was a baby she has loved very girly things. She has always owned wings and loves velvet, and anything that sparkles.


And this one is just because I had to share. I walked by her playroom and had to giggle when I read her white board. I should take pictures of it more often because there are little gems like this on there quite often.

Dear Kingdom, I won't return because I'm in Camelot. I'm terribly SORRY.
Your Queen Zelda
She's still learning to write in English. She goes to a French school and they only started English either last year or this year. See the huge multicoloured chalk stick in the picture above? She made that with plaster of Paris and tempra paints. That was a fun, simple project.

Hope everybody is staying warm!


No comments: