Thursday, February 21, 2008

Steampunk is SO cool!

I've recently discovered that I have always loved Steampunk. I just didn't know what it was. According to Wikipedia Steampunk "came into prominence in the 1980s and early 1990s. The term denotes works of fictional technological inventions set in an era or world where steam power is still widely used—usually the 19th century, and often set in Victorian era England". I believe my fascination with it dates back to the days of my favourite television show in the 80's, "Voyagers!" with Jon-Erik Hexum and Meeno Peluce and the "Omni" device they used to carry them back and forth through time.

Here are some great SteamPunk finds currently for sale on Etsy:

COGnitivecreations :Royal Flight of the Eternal Blue Moon Artful Hardware Pendant
pattispolkadots : Steampunk Vintage Brass Clock Parts Filigree Pendant

resinated : Steampunk Hand Cast Resin Pendant

KeysAndMemories : Victorian Steampunk Vintage Watch Movement Brooch Pin

PrimAtHeart : King of Them All Reconstructed Watch Pin

Feel free to show these great artisans and little love.

No comments: